Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

productive

i learned a lot of staff, there is a lot of opportunities to grow into the company, a good support from team members and management. the most enjoyable part was bbqs.

Same role

Stressful and demanding place

Value was a good experience since we had to deal with a lot, but Id see team members including me run back and fourth getting injured and feeling exhausted just to be treated like we were nothing by the customers. Most team members and female manager/supervisor had to deal with a lot of terrible customers while the male manager/CEO didn't face much. being payed minimum wage for 8 hours a day after we run everywhere, deal with everything during a really busy day while understaffed wasn't fun. The management have to start listening to us since sometimes people who work there dont due their jobs.

Pros

Good co workers, good experience

Cons

Customers, management, safety and health of the team members, stressful
Same role

Hard work.

A typical day at work is hard.A lot of work you need to do in short time, and lack of employees.The supervisor is always in bad mood.High employee turnover.
Same location

not school friendly, plus some supervisors are the worst person to work with. with a high turnover rate

i would not reccommend working here if u are in school. they are the type of place who when u want part time they give full time hours... and get disgruntled when you dont want those hours ,saying "this will be tough to rework the schedule." has a high tunrover rate for employees under 3 months. even if it doesnt work out for you they want a two weeks letter of resignation if you have worked there for a week. There are some good supervisors and one really bad one. this one isnt very nice to people who do not share the same interests as her. its very cliquey. i received maybe 10 hours worth of on the job training and often got passively agressively talked to when i made mistakes when it was my second day on cash. it really is the kind of work place where if you arent taught it, figure it out.

Pros

50% discount

Cons

little to no training. all of the training is on the fly. high turnover

2.9Job security/advancement