Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Productive work place.

Easy work all across the board. Excellent work hours. Good supervisors and mod's. There is no Hassel. You have to be strong to work. Very good schedule.

Pros

Some times free lunch

Cons

Not very clean.

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Overall a decent job for students

This was probably my favorite job I've had just based on the coworkers I had. I also had a pretty odd availability and they were mostly forgiving due to the fact that they always had some form of coverage.
Same role

Only take this job if you have to

Management was lacklustre and very very behind with the times, they are out of touch with the customer base and the community at large, and trying to get any type of request or form by them is a painfully long task. The employees and some supervisors are treated like garbage, while the higher up management is very cliquy and not friendly to approach. The customers that come through are also very rude, and it has only gotten worse the COVID-19 restrictions in place, which the store was not really trying to implement anyways. For minimum wage, you're better off trying something else

Pros

The co-workers who also hate working there

Cons

Terrible management, rude customers, no team member safety
Same location

Fun work place

I started working here since 2017, I have no problem to my co-workers and supervisor, they’re sooooo nice and helpful. But the store manager is really strict when it comes to work well i understand him but the thing is he make his own rules in the store that’s why it’s more confusing. He always check camera’s in the office so he can see a lot of team member who’s truly responsible. The only thing I don’t want with him is the way he talked behind’s back, he doesn’t direct you the problem. Been working here almost 3 years but I haven’t receive salary up ... I mean it’s only increasing cents .. also if you don’t have patient to other this is not for youu..

Pros

Long hours, fun workplace

Cons

No salary increase, rude customers, too many rules for employees

2.9Job security/advancement