Value Village
Savers/Value Village
Value Village Employee Review

Productive and fun workplace but not very good with hours.

16 November 2020
When I worked there it was a fun and productive job. I enjoyed it alot, aside from they did not listen to my needs. I was hired as part time (due to medical reasons I can't work more than that) they put me in for 8-9 hours a day 5-6 days a week. When I tried to talk about it they started scheduling me for more shifts/hours.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Long hours and disregard for overworking staff.
30 July 2020
Same role
Retail Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
You move heavy materials from dirty bins and sort them out. This is a really rough job and all you do is stand up all day. Moving all the time - fast fast and fast. For minimum wages??? Look elsewhere!!!
Pros
Weekdays only
Cons
DUST Bed Bugs and miserable staff. Managers are rich, mean and do nothing.
31 May 2020
Same role
STORE TEAM MEMBER IN OPERATIONS (Former Employee) - Peterborough, ON
I liked working there with the exception of the favouritism and the "feedback" binder. There are too many people running the show. You have different managers telling you to do 2 different things at the same time. Constructive criticism is important but when it seems you aren't recognized for the positive things you do as well... you often wonder if you can do anything right.
28 June 2020
Same location
Production Team Member (Former Employee) - Victoria, BC
The managers are incredibly rude to both staff and customers, and racially profile potential shoplifters. They do not pay well enough for the physical and mental toll that the job takes.
  1. Productive and fun workplace but not very good with hours.