Value Village logo
Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Productive and fun working with great employees

* Communicate effectively with customers to help meet various needs * Assist in sorting through and organizing merchandise * Worked in a team environment as well as independently

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Typical retail environment. You'll be overworked and underappreciated.

You're expected to always do more. Work harder, not smarter would be an appropriate motto.Worked there for a little over a year and a half. No performance review, no "thanks for doing a good job", nothing. I gave two weeks notice, and actually expected an exit interview. No surprise, there was no exit interview. They obviously didn't care why I was leaving, they just wanted to get the next person in.Typical day involved processing incoming materiel, sorting an average of 1200 items, and getting the items to the floor.Air flow was minimal, causing me to provide my own fans for the workstation.Talking with coworkers is frowned on, as it's distracting.After a year and a half of working for minimum wage, with no positive feedback from management, it was time to leave.Benefits? You get what you pay for. You can sign up for group health benefits, but it comes out of your pay cheque. Employee discounts (20% - 50%) on items that have been on the floor for 48 hours or longer. The employees each start the day by looking forward to quitting time, so it's not exactly an uplifting environment.The only positive feedback I received was from fellow employees. The majority of them try to do all they can, and try to take a little pride in their work. At the end of the day, they're reminded that they can be easily replaced, and left with the feeling that their job is meaningless to management.To be fair, management just wants everything they can get for as little as they have to pay for it. The workers want all they can get for the least amount of effort they can put out. -

Pros

production employees work fairly fixed hours, Mon to Fri, with occasional Sundays

Cons

constant lifting, stationary workstation, standing on a flat concrete floor for 8hrs a day
Same role

If you love to get screwed over, this is the company is for you!

You can give them the world yet always pick their questionable favorites. With that in mind more or less, with the insane amount of favoritism if you are not in their main line of friendship you will get the worst shifts, treatment, and in-store rotation periods. Management is all insanely uneducated and untrained. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Same location

Terrible Company

I had such a bad experience working here. The environment is stressful and all your coworkers make you feel bad about being stressed and will be rude to each other instead of helping each other out. Managers would toy with my anxiety and single me out for no reason. At one point while closing, a manager told other workers not to help and get their things while I was stuck doing a very long task by myself the entire time. Eventually telling me stop because it wasn’t going to get done without help, and I clocked out. I had such a bad panic attack that night. Only a few coworkers we’re actually nice and hated it there just as much. I think I only had one nice manager my entire time being there. Very stressful, unwelcoming, and unkind work environment.

Pros

None, don’t work here.

Cons

Everything, management, co workers, environment.

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Productive and fun working with great employees