Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Poor place to work

While the people I have worked with were generally very nice people and I enjoyed my time working with them, it is a very stressful environment. The environment was very disorganized, and you had to take a fair bit of abuse from customers and upper management. Several people including myself left around the same time.

Pros

Fun co-workers, sometimes free lunches

Cons

Poor management, disorganized, high turnover rate

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Coworkers are awesome the rest is a no

The people who work here are generally really nice and my managers are really doing there best. Other than that the people who shop here are often on drugs and you need to be able handle situations with shoplifting and even the police. The overall management sucks and will mix up shifts and punish people for their own mistakes. They also pay even the managers a horrible wage. Its honestly almost criminal. The plus is u get 50 off on most things in the store. If u wanna make miniumum wage and replenish your wardrobe and maybe get some new decor then work here.

Pros

50 percent off certian items and nice coworkers

Cons

Long hours, bosses suck at scheduling, minimum wage
Same role

Wasn't ideal to say the least

Management was awful. No communication between different compartments. Some managers were quite rude.They really strive for you to be doing something the entire time you're on duty, even if there is nothing to do. It was really fun walking around a huge store for hours at a time picking clothes off the ground occasionally.

Pros

50% discount at store

Cons

Poor managment
Same location

fun job.poor management

A typical day is i arrive for my shift we have our team meeting to get our assignments for the day then we break off to do whatever is asked i learned to be patient with indecisive customers and to inform them the best i can on any product they may be interested in, If I'm not knowledgeable on the item i will put them in touch with someone that is.

Cons

management

2.9Job security/advancement