Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Not good

They suck you in with videos and glorify what would be an awesome place to work and then when you get to it you learn soon that you are just underpaid numbers. Job security is non existent, management tells you one thing and then reprimand you for it a week later.

Pros

Team members

Cons

Treated like machinery

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

bad place to work was there for a year and got fired for personal reasons

very bad place to work Unless you like to be put under expectations which are impossible because management only cares about quotes which they can’t receive worst

Same role

High turnover, raises are minimal.

Worked there for over a year. Work was fast paced and difficult, management always expected more from us. Raises were yearly, up to 3% generally, but you rarely maxed out. When minimum wage would go up, you'd be back to making about the same as the new hires.

Pros

Discounts?

Cons

management was hard to satisfy.
Same location

First job, training wheels for patience.

Honestly when I started at value village, I throught i struck gold with my first job, working at a thrift store i loved shopping at. My thoughts we're quickly dashed. All they cared about is Numbers, numbers, numbers and dont give a lick about you. You are treated like the stuff you sort on the table TRASH. Policies change DAILY, so if something was ok one day thatcsame thing could get you fired the next. I had safety concerns when i worked there and when i told them it was swept under the rug. Driving a forklift in a PACKED warehouse, stuff falling over, no dumpster space, trucks not showing up and people yelling at you from production for stuff constantly. I dunno maybe a cashier would be better, but avoid the "Recycler" position unless you want to have a nervous meltdown. Front store staff and alot of production staff are absolute sweethearts EXCEPT for the supervisors. They love to micro manage. AVOID THIS PLACE!

2.9Job security/advancement