Value Village logo
Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Not a very nice place to work

Toxic work environment. Too much drama between employees and managemant unfair to situations that arise. Management does not help with advancemant of employees, as policies and procedures work against employees on a daily basis.

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Great place to develop your management skills

Value Village is a great place to work if you are someone who is patient and values learning skills over a high starting salary. There is a lot of opportunity for growth in the company, and if you are okay with investing your time it absolutely does pay off. They truly do invest in their employees as long as you give the same level of investment. They take the time to develop strong leaders and do not define you by any missteps you make, in fact it is encouraged for your growth. You gain retail, warehouse, accounting, and production management skills with this company which is so unique and valuable in my opinion. Commitment, patience, and resilience are the keys in being successful with this company.
Same location

Terrible Company

I had such a bad experience working here. The environment is stressful and all your coworkers make you feel bad about being stressed and will be rude to each other instead of helping each other out. Managers would toy with my anxiety and single me out for no reason. At one point while closing, a manager told other workers not to help and get their things while I was stuck doing a very long task by myself the entire time. Eventually telling me stop because it wasn’t going to get done without help, and I clocked out. I had such a bad panic attack that night. Only a few coworkers we’re actually nice and hated it there just as much. I think I only had one nice manager my entire time being there. Very stressful, unwelcoming, and unkind work environment.

Pros

None, don’t work here.

Cons

Everything, management, co workers, environment.
Same location

Super fun and challenging place to work

Very busy in the back room but it was a fun kind of challenge. There is opportunity to grow within the company if you apply yourself. They are always slightly understaffed so it is difficult to get time off.

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Not a very nice place to work