Value Village logo
Happiness score is 51 out of 100Below average
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Not a good place to work

It was a good place to work when I started but now it's to the point I don't want to go to work. They say you can advance within the company ya right. I have been asked over and over for the last 4 yrs ( come Dec. ) if im interested im becoming a supervisor and i keep saying yes and I am always put on the back burner when the opportunity comes up. now there are 2 people who haven't even been there for 6 months training for supervisor. IT'S all favortizim not experience or synority . Turn around is very high always new staff. time to find a new job cant work were your not appreciated.

Pros

Made some friends

Cons

Cant get a regular shift. to much favortizim

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

fast paced but nice to work there

merchandise bed and bath. helping with merchandising of store most of the time, Set up the bagged area . Staff were good to work with .Cashier duties and customer service. enjoyed working with customers.

Pros

good work place and had free lunches once a month

Cons

sometimes very cold when working in the back room
Same role

Horrible place to work - you will hate your life

Value Village on Ottawa Street is a horrible place to work. Management does not care about the well-being or safety of their employees. Staff are overworked for minimum wage. The store manager only cares about money. She consistently blamed young woman for comments male customers would make towards them when they uncomfortable. Nor did she care about the safety of her staff during a pandemic.Overall, stay away.
Same location

I enjoy working there

It is a great time to work at Value Village, but as expected of all workplaces, there are some down sides as well. As for my job interview, I applied, went for two interviews and was hired in the span of five hours.

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Not a good place to work