Value Village logo
Happiness score is 51 out of 100Below average
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Nice co-workers not a good system running it

Enjoy the people i work with but management of the store is a bit chaotic. They also tell you of advancement but never follow through. Hours are put in for one reason and completely changed last minute for completely different reason.

Same role

Production

Working here is not something I would recommend. The best thing about it is the food selection on my lunch break and drive being not to far from my home. I feel like no one cares about your day and your expected to work as if the company is in your hands. It's also extremely unfair how they treat leaving on time like it is a privilege when in reality I should be able to go home exactly when I'm scheduled to everyday. Do I get paid overtime you ask? no.
Same role

Worst place to work for

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!! Worst company to work for for one they don't treat you fairly unless you are a favorite meaning brown nosing the management the company doesn't have any flexibility they don't pay there employees fairly it's unfair management has no idea what they are doing except sit on there phone. Never ever do they recognize your hard work if you want to be treated unfairly then work there they are a can't fcuking siht company and don't care about there employees well being the only good thing I can say is I met my wife there other than that a extremely bad place to work for would not recommend to anyone

Pros

None don't even do anything rewarding

Cons

Poor wages, bad managers, playing favorites, very poor attitude towards employees
Same location

Save yourself a headache - work for a different company or a different location.

- Management was atrocious. - Generally liked to pick on and bully the employees, often reminding them that they're expendable and replacable. Furthermore, they can and will actively bully employees they dislike into quitting so they don't fire them, thus underhandedly disallowing ex-staff members to apply for Employment Insurance. - No sense of work/life balance, often harassing employees for calling in sick once with guilt trips or threats of physical/written documentation outlining why you're in trouble for 'abandoning your team'. Furthermore, time off was often declined, regardless of frequency, yet management would take time off and call in sick whenever they felt like it? - Very quick to absolve themselves of blame and throw lower level employees under the bus or fault them for incidents that they didn't cause. - Promises of training on equipment such as forklifts, or cross-training into other departments, but never any follow-up.- A high level of patience is required for the customers. - Many customers were incredibly rude solely because it was a thrift store. - Many customers would try to donate broken items and literal garbage, claiming that they worked. - Be prepared to lift very heavy objects. Items can range from anywhere between 5 lbs and 75 lbs. Management will tell you to carry these by yourself at times.

Pros

Occasional free meals or cakes to celebrate birthdays, and employees are pretty close-knit and easy to get along with.

Cons

See review.

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Nice co-workers not a good system running it