Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Negative environment

Don’t do it! Management only cares about numbers, never consistent, minimum wage job for a lot of work and being pushed to your limits. Employees are blamed for low sales and for the quality of items donated. During training you’re told you get quarterly bonuses but not told only if sales are really high.

Pros

Monday-Friday

Cons

Management and blame game.

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Unsatisfactory workplace

The managers there were rude and treated people poorly. There was workplace harassment with coworkers and it wasn't handled to their procedures. I would never recommend working at Value Village. I don't even go shopping there anymore either.
Same role

Don't work here lol

The managers are incredibly rude to both staff and customers, and racially profile potential shoplifters. They do not pay well enough for the physical and mental toll that the job takes.
Same location

Absolutely the worst job I've ever had

If I could give less than one star for management and the actual job, I would. Just like the other comments management doesn't care about you as a person, they care about their numbers and money. For example: I had a drs note to take time (1week) off due to an illness; once the week was up I got a call and was advised that it would be smart to come back to work. Basically telling me that if I didnt come back that my job might not be safe... Also, If you ever work here be prepared to get written up for the stupidest things. I posted a post on my personal private Facebook account; 2 hrs after posting I get paged up to the office. Turns out a coworker showed my boss the post and I got written up for "talking ill about the company". My Facebook never stated where I worked, and I didn't tag the company. It was just an absolute stupid reason to get written up. The only thing I enjoyed about working here was my coworkers and working during October because that's the only time you get to have fun since we used to be able to dress up everyday. If you want to work here, I recommend asking to work in CDC or as a Cashier. Do not work in Production under any circumstances. THIS COMPANY IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST THAT I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!!

Pros

Discount and coworkers.

Cons

Management, poor salary, poor working conditions

2.9Job security/advancement