Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Meh

It's an okay place to work if you NEED the job. Besides having full time hours of 7:30-4 and monday-friday it's not very enjoyable. Pay scale is too low for the expected work. Hazards all around the warehouse, and it's a very unsafe work environment in general. Management doesn't care for your safety or well being, they just want you to make quota. Lots of drama within the workplace which all leads back to management putting lots of stress on everyone to work harder. Best part of the day is at 4 o'clock when I get to leave, lol. What I learned from working at Value village is that I have lots of patience, and that's something you need if you work there.

Pros

Fun with coworkers, full time work

Cons

Bad management, Low pay, High stress work environment, Lack of training

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Production

Working here is not something I would recommend. The best thing about it is the food selection on my lunch break and drive being not to far from my home. I feel like no one cares about your day and your expected to work as if the company is in your hands. It's also extremely unfair how they treat leaving on time like it is a privilege when in reality I should be able to go home exactly when I'm scheduled to everyday. Do I get paid overtime you ask? no.
Same role

Worst place to work for

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!! Worst company to work for for one they don't treat you fairly unless you are a favorite meaning brown nosing the management the company doesn't have any flexibility they don't pay there employees fairly it's unfair management has no idea what they are doing except sit on there phone. Never ever do they recognize your hard work if you want to be treated unfairly then work there they are a can't fcuking siht company and don't care about there employees well being the only good thing I can say is I met my wife there other than that a extremely bad place to work for would not recommend to anyone

Pros

None don't even do anything rewarding

Cons

Poor wages, bad managers, playing favorites, very poor attitude towards employees
Same location

Wasn't ideal to say the least

Management was awful. No communication between different compartments. Some managers were quite rude.They really strive for you to be doing something the entire time you're on duty, even if there is nothing to do. It was really fun walking around a huge store for hours at a time picking clothes off the ground occasionally.

Pros

50% discount at store

Cons

Poor managment

2.9Job security/advancement