Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Management is horrible

Management is horrible Coworkers r very nice though. Fun environment to work with. The employee discount is good. Supervisors are always over worked. Customers are always complaining the prices are too high

Pros

Employee discount 50% discount

Cons

Too much qork and not organised most of the time. Supervisors are over worked

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Good high school part time gig - full timers stay away.

Working at Value Village ain’t bad at all if you’re up front and you have a good working relationship between yourself and supervisors who are there to help whenever needed. CDC is a nightmare that continues to get worse. The CDC work is undervalued, underpaid, and the supervisors and store managers that are active in the back of the store prance around and nitpick at things as you’re trying to do your job. The work is difficult, and frankily, for minimum wage pay - its not worth it at all. If you’re at the front things are hunky dory but if you’re thinking about applying, make sure the square meters between you and the cdc department are in the hundreds.

Pros

Front end management is excellent, Front end work not difficult and the team members are quite nice.

Cons

CDC is a hellish nightmare
Same role

waste of 4 years

I was here for a few years. Lots and lots of favoritism throughout the entire store. If you work hard you get dumped on. I was spoken to unprofessionally by managers many times throughout my job at Value Village. Including when I quit. In fact I was laughed at. There are no boundaries. I do not recommend working here.

Pros

coworkers are lovely, employee discount

Cons

treated unfairly, behind-back talking, short hours
Same location

Production

Working here is not something I would recommend. The best thing about it is the food selection on my lunch break and drive being not to far from my home. I feel like no one cares about your day and your expected to work as if the company is in your hands. It's also extremely unfair how they treat leaving on time like it is a privilege when in reality I should be able to go home exactly when I'm scheduled to everyday. Do I get paid overtime you ask? no.

2.9Job security/advancement