Value Village logo
Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Lots of loopholes to their system. Great coworkers though.

Way too easy for customers to rip the price tag off and get their way into buying an item for a cheaper price. You always have to be on the lookout for loss prevention. Their scheduling system really sucked. It was always handed out in slips of paper. Emailing is easier and theres less chance to lose it. It's super hard to get days off. You get sick days and vacation pay though which is awesome. A break every 2 hours which is really looking out for the employees.

Pros

Break every 2 hours, sick and vacation pay

Cons

On-call, CDC donations

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Do not apply!!!

Terrible management. Zero respect, yet they don’t like it when you defend yourself or others. Harassment at its finest even if you email HR, they won’t get back to you. 9/10 staff members are more like family They do not care if customers treat you poorly

Pros

Discounts and frequent customers

Cons

Management refuse to be retrained
Same role

Fun work place

I started working here since 2017, I have no problem to my co-workers and supervisor, they’re sooooo nice and helpful. But the store manager is really strict when it comes to work well i understand him but the thing is he make his own rules in the store that’s why it’s more confusing. He always check camera’s in the office so he can see a lot of team member who’s truly responsible. The only thing I don’t want with him is the way he talked behind’s back, he doesn’t direct you the problem. Been working here almost 3 years but I haven’t receive salary up ... I mean it’s only increasing cents .. also if you don’t have patient to other this is not for youu..

Pros

Long hours, fun workplace

Cons

No salary increase, rude customers, too many rules for employees
Same location

Short

Part-time is horrible. Everyone hated the hours, how much it felt management was pushing you for all you were worth. High turnover rate. They will divide hours between part-time associates when unnecessary, such as hiring another part timer when they already have several and hours are scarce. Depressing to work at.

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Lots of loopholes to their system. Great coworkers though.