Value Village
Happiness score is 50 out of 100
Value Village Employee Review

Joke

11 January 2021
Probably one of the worst jobs I have ever had. My coworkers were alright at best, majority of the time I felt like I wasn't part of the team. Lots of drama, really poor management. One of my biggest issues is the lack of concern over hazards that can cause long term health problems. Not a single mention of any of the health issues that come with the job, lack of PPE in certain situations while working.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
It's a job with benefits
Cons
Low wage, shotty management.
16 June 2021
Same role
Production Worker (Former Employee) - Kelowna, BC
Worked there for over a year. Work was fast paced and difficult, management always expected more from us. Raises were yearly, up to 3% generally, but you rarely maxed out. When minimum wage would go up, you'd be back to making about the same as the new hires.
Pros
Discounts?
Cons
management was hard to satisfy.
14 June 2021
Same role
Production Worker (Former Employee) - Barrhaven, ON
I worked at value village for two weeks and I had to quit immediately. I worked as a production associate where I sorted through thousands of donations. It’s a literal sweat shop. Management gives you unrealistic goals and quotas and we work ourselves to the bone and barely get any positive feedback. The job will literally kill you.
Pros
Consistent schedule, have weekends off, nice co workers
Cons
Management, toxic environment, underpaid
24 March 2021
Same location
Book sortee (Former Employee) - Calgary, AB
Location was awesome .. bus and walking .. however workin production sucked .. mean people and favortism on so many levels .. l was trained by another person from edmonton n what l was later told is l was doin everything wrong .. they expect u to do more than u can in a day n then give u shot cuz THEY sent production home early n after u ask to stay so u can finish .. they give u heck cuz u didnt finish processing ..
Pros
Close location hours
Cons
Mean supervisors .. ALOT of favoritism .. over worked under appreciated