Value Village
Savers/Value Village
Happiness score is 50 out of 100
Value Village Employee Review

If you like to be treated and work like a slave then work here.

29 April 2021
Blind leading the blind is their training method here when you work in this place. You have a laziest managers and supervisors that pretends to know everything. All they care about is you reaching your job quota and sales so they get their bonuses. Also, managers and supervisors pays favouritism when it comes to staff and who gets higher hourly pays.. Most employees who has been there for over two years still gets minimum wage. If you do get a little pay raise, manager will talk to you not to say anything to others. Also, management don't trust their employess and question them when they call in sick. Seriously, do work here and see what I'm talking about.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free lunches sometimes and staff discount
Cons
Too many to list but basically they will treat you like a slave period unless they like you.
16 June 2021
Same role
Production Worker (Former Employee) - Kelowna, BC
Worked there for over a year. Work was fast paced and difficult, management always expected more from us. Raises were yearly, up to 3% generally, but you rarely maxed out. When minimum wage would go up, you'd be back to making about the same as the new hires.
Pros
Discounts?
Cons
management was hard to satisfy.
14 June 2021
Same role
Production Worker (Former Employee) - Barrhaven, ON
I worked at value village for two weeks and I had to quit immediately. I worked as a production associate where I sorted through thousands of donations. It’s a literal sweat shop. Management gives you unrealistic goals and quotas and we work ourselves to the bone and barely get any positive feedback. The job will literally kill you.
Pros
Consistent schedule, have weekends off, nice co workers
Cons
Management, toxic environment, underpaid
2 February 2021
Same roleSame location
Production Worker (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
The co-workers were great but management was a joke. They had no respect for their employees and treated us like robots. Not accomodating for disabilities. Poor training. Worst job I've ever had.
Cons
Poor management, Stressful, Extreme Expectations
  1. If you like to be treated and work like a slave then work here.