Value Village
Happiness score is 51 out of 100
Value Village Employee Review

horrible place to work

4 February 2021
in the begining was a great place to work for. very quickly you become just another employee like just a number and managemeng begins to overwork you as well as expect pretty well everything you can imagine from you with no raise in pay nor any type of recognition whatsover
1.0Job security/advancement
Cons
long long hours, very repetitive and unfulfilling workplace
14 May 2020
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) - Kelowna, BC
If you dont mind working with recycled items and getting a bit dirty then its a great place to work. Management is fun they have a lot of theme days so fun atmosphere.
Pros
They have social distancing in place.
Cons
Can get dirty at times and daily hrs can be shortend at anytime.
19 January 2020
Production Worker (Current Employee) - Kelowna, BC
I work in the Production area and adore it. Yes, it's dirty, it smells more often than not and you have to work fast to meet the days quotas but it's work that you don't have to take home with you and everyone who works there is wonderful (but only after you look like you're there to stay). Naturally there are days when you question why you're there; sometimes the workload is impossible to keep up with but if it doesn't get done, it doesn't get done. You can catch up. Management are lovely as long as you do your job, meet your numbers (or it's clear you are at least trying) and don't cause too much trouble.
Pros
Work stays at work
Cons
The hours and work feel like they don't match the pay :(
29 December 2019
Cashier /Production Staff (Former Employee) - Kelowna, BC
Do not work here unless you can put up with an ungodly amount of stress and suffering. The workers are all hollow with misery and the customers treat you almost as badly as the management. They don’t train you fully then later you get into trouble time after time because you barely know anything. I worked there for a year and I was still given heck for “messing up” when I was just doing my best. Most of my coworkers said I was one of the best employees because I was always working hard with a smile despite management being awful, but it was never enough for them. I even got cheated out of overtime multiple times and did not do anything about it because I was scared of my bosses. Don’t work here. It’s a well known abyss of misery to work at in my town. I quit with many other people when we found out that management that was supposed to be reprimanded for ignoring/abusing store policy was promoted.
Pros
Cons
Long hours with never ending misery