Value Village logo
Happiness score is 51 out of 100Below average
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Horrible management lead to bad experience overall

The company itself has great values. However, the management team at the Medicine Hat location does not look out for their staff. The staff is treated as just another number and not human beings.

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Production

Working here is not something I would recommend. The best thing about it is the food selection on my lunch break and drive being not to far from my home. I feel like no one cares about your day and your expected to work as if the company is in your hands. It's also extremely unfair how they treat leaving on time like it is a privilege when in reality I should be able to go home exactly when I'm scheduled to everyday. Do I get paid overtime you ask? no.
Same role

Worst place to work for

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!! Worst company to work for for one they don't treat you fairly unless you are a favorite meaning brown nosing the management the company doesn't have any flexibility they don't pay there employees fairly it's unfair management has no idea what they are doing except sit on there phone. Never ever do they recognize your hard work if you want to be treated unfairly then work there they are a can't fcuking siht company and don't care about there employees well being the only good thing I can say is I met my wife there other than that a extremely bad place to work for would not recommend to anyone

Pros

None don't even do anything rewarding

Cons

Poor wages, bad managers, playing favorites, very poor attitude towards employees
Same location

not school friendly, plus some supervisors are the worst person to work with. with a high turnover rate

i would not reccommend working here if u are in school. they are the type of place who when u want part time they give full time hours... and get disgruntled when you dont want those hours ,saying "this will be tough to rework the schedule." has a high tunrover rate for employees under 3 months. even if it doesnt work out for you they want a two weeks letter of resignation if you have worked there for a week. There are some good supervisors and one really bad one. this one isnt very nice to people who do not share the same interests as her. its very cliquey. i received maybe 10 hours worth of on the job training and often got passively agressively talked to when i made mistakes when it was my second day on cash. it really is the kind of work place where if you arent taught it, figure it out.

Pros

50% discount

Cons

little to no training. all of the training is on the fly. high turnover

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Horrible management lead to bad experience overall