Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Honestly, working part time and going to school is a -10/10. dont do it

Management would goof sometimes which was really frustrating. The warehouse-like environment was super awful for me. My coworkers were pre cool though and so was one of my supervisors so that made it bearable. Still, I sure didn't working my butt off at school all day and then having to go to work to support the family. Moral of the story is, do fast food. But, thanks for the job anyhow, value village.

Pros

cool co-workers

Cons

customers

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Good high school part time gig - full timers stay away.

Working at Value Village ain’t bad at all if you’re up front and you have a good working relationship between yourself and supervisors who are there to help whenever needed. CDC is a nightmare that continues to get worse. The CDC work is undervalued, underpaid, and the supervisors and store managers that are active in the back of the store prance around and nitpick at things as you’re trying to do your job. The work is difficult, and frankily, for minimum wage pay - its not worth it at all. If you’re at the front things are hunky dory but if you’re thinking about applying, make sure the square meters between you and the cdc department are in the hundreds.

Pros

Front end management is excellent, Front end work not difficult and the team members are quite nice.

Cons

CDC is a hellish nightmare
Same role

waste of 4 years

I was here for a few years. Lots and lots of favoritism throughout the entire store. If you work hard you get dumped on. I was spoken to unprofessionally by managers many times throughout my job at Value Village. Including when I quit. In fact I was laughed at. There are no boundaries. I do not recommend working here.

Pros

coworkers are lovely, employee discount

Cons

treated unfairly, behind-back talking, short hours
Same location

Do not apply!!!

Terrible management. Zero respect, yet they don’t like it when you defend yourself or others. Harassment at its finest even if you email HR, they won’t get back to you. 9/10 staff members are more like family They do not care if customers treat you poorly

Pros

Discounts and frequent customers

Cons

Management refuse to be retrained

2.9Job security/advancement