Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Hard Work for Little Pay

Be prepared to work. Pay is too low. No vacation for a year, no raise for a year, no sick time for a year. People are good but business is all about processing stuff as fast as possible.

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Good company but little opportunity for advancement and limited payscale

Fast-paced Requires autonomous decisions and autonomy for work during much of the day Team work also required My job requires I move about 7000+ pounds of merchandise per day. I am in control of the entire receiving department. My job is essential to good flow through of all production for the store's operation. I enjoy the fast pace and the autonomy. The toughest part of the job can be poor communication from management about shipments coming in; happens rarely but can affect movement of merchandise. In this position I have learned I am very organized and I am capable of extremely fast, heavy work. This job has helped me become very fit and I have discovered a love for physical fitness.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

No room for advancement; ltd pay
Same role

Awesome place to work

I worked here for three years. It was an excellent place to work; as long as you did your job and performed as expected manangement did not hassle you. If you could balance having fun while work and accomplishing your daily quotas it could be a really fun shift! Most enjoyable part of working at Value Village was getting to see all the things people used to own. Everyday you saw something you'd never seen before!

Pros

Excellent benefits package.

Great people great benefits

They have manygreat benefit options and the people there are all nice, and helpful when you're new or have questions. management is very flexible on your hours which is great if you are going to school

2.9Job security/advancement