Value Village logo
Happiness score is 51 out of 100Below average
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Great place to work if looking for full time hours

I worked at value village for 5 years. First I started off as a cashier then made my way into the production room where I did various positions. My favourite was being a pricer. Less dirty and physical. They offer great benefits for full timers, paid vacation even for part timers after a year, paid sick days and yearly raise (starting off at minimum wage). Oh, and the discount was awesome. Obviously there were problems with management and the job can be very physically demanding, fast paced and stressful but I worked Monday-Friday and it made up for some of it!

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

fast paced but nice to work there

merchandise bed and bath. helping with merchandising of store most of the time, Set up the bagged area . Staff were good to work with .Cashier duties and customer service. enjoyed working with customers.

Pros

good work place and had free lunches once a month

Cons

sometimes very cold when working in the back room
Same role

Horrible place to work - you will hate your life

Value Village on Ottawa Street is a horrible place to work. Management does not care about the well-being or safety of their employees. Staff are overworked for minimum wage. The store manager only cares about money. She consistently blamed young woman for comments male customers would make towards them when they uncomfortable. Nor did she care about the safety of her staff during a pandemic.Overall, stay away.
Same location

Terrible Company

I had such a bad experience working here. The environment is stressful and all your coworkers make you feel bad about being stressed and will be rude to each other instead of helping each other out. Managers would toy with my anxiety and single me out for no reason. At one point while closing, a manager told other workers not to help and get their things while I was stuck doing a very long task by myself the entire time. Eventually telling me stop because it wasn’t going to get done without help, and I clocked out. I had such a bad panic attack that night. Only a few coworkers we’re actually nice and hated it there just as much. I think I only had one nice manager my entire time being there. Very stressful, unwelcoming, and unkind work environment.

Pros

None, don’t work here.

Cons

Everything, management, co workers, environment.

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Great place to work if looking for full time hours