Value Village logo
Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

great people in a hard place

I found management to be excellent in skills such as hiring team members who fit the job and fit in with the team. I enjoyed the friendly open door attitude of management and felt i could always workshop and plan new ideas with my employers. Opportunity for advancement in the ways of further training and supervisor roles are many and available to those who wish to take them. the most enjoyable part of my job there was the feeling of really helping people especially our elderly customers, by providing carry outs etc. the hardest part of my day would be receiving shipments of donations from the Canadian diabetes association, trucks had to be offloaded as fast as possible and often meant missing a break to remain efficient. i enjoyed and felt i fit in well with the business casual culture of our workplace. the only frustration i had was the firmness of scheduling and difficulty negotiating days off as i worked full time and was one few team members able to operate machinery like a compactor or baler. overall a positive learning experience and i was sad to leave and pursue school.

Pros

great customers, lots of regulars

Cons

very demanding psychically, very dirty work

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

friendly easy to with staff members recommended workplace had a great time doing my coop placement here if I had to work here full time I definitely work take the job
Same role

work day

Horrible treatment of employees, the managers are not capable of understanding others jobs which leads to constant issues between employ and management.

Pros

Cons

hard work minimum pay
Same location

Overworked and mismanaged. Injury rate high.

If you work in the back, they don't care if you are hurt, tired, overheating. They will always push you to work harder while they just stand there and bark orders. They will always short staff you because putting more people on the payroll costs money, and because they are always short staffed they will yell at you if you're sick or slow of exhaustion. Injury rate is HIGH there. Nothing you are lifting is conventional and you are doing it all day, everyday.

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • great people in a hard place