Value Village logo
Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Great Job Loved the work and everything about it except management

I used to wake up and love going to work , management was poor and they made sure you felt like you were smaller then them . Their were a lot of good days but near the end the bad just outweighed the good . It was starting to be to much for even my young family, they all say family comes first but when the bottom dollar was involved Nothing really mattered. The management sucks the goodness and the hard work ethics out of young people because they want too or whatever the case may be . It'll always be a mystery now.

Pros

Great co workers pretty fast pace, profit sharing, christmas dinners

Cons

poor management, short hours for full time, worked randmom sundays, curtain people didnt get schedules, made stay late by the end of the shift without being discussed with first

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Production

Working here is not something I would recommend. The best thing about it is the food selection on my lunch break and drive being not to far from my home. I feel like no one cares about your day and your expected to work as if the company is in your hands. It's also extremely unfair how they treat leaving on time like it is a privilege when in reality I should be able to go home exactly when I'm scheduled to everyday. Do I get paid overtime you ask? no.
Same role

Worst place to work for

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!! Worst company to work for for one they don't treat you fairly unless you are a favorite meaning brown nosing the management the company doesn't have any flexibility they don't pay there employees fairly it's unfair management has no idea what they are doing except sit on there phone. Never ever do they recognize your hard work if you want to be treated unfairly then work there they are a can't fcuking siht company and don't care about there employees well being the only good thing I can say is I met my wife there other than that a extremely bad place to work for would not recommend to anyone

Pros

None don't even do anything rewarding

Cons

Poor wages, bad managers, playing favorites, very poor attitude towards employees
Same location

Great people, bad managment, very physical

I actually loved my job at Value Village. its very fast paced and physical, but you can learn alot and train in multiple departments. Managment could be better, head office is unrealistic when it comes to sales and quota, large work load, low pay for the job but great benefits. Discount is awesome, overall it is a good job but it is hard work for pretty low pay.

2.9Job security/advancement