Value Village logo
Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Great coworkers, not so great management.

I worked for value village for 3 months before they let me go without notice the day before my 3 month probation wa suppose to end. My friend was suppose to get a raise for the referral if I lasted that long, go figure. Management here is so disorganized. They complain about not having enough staff then they fire people left, right and centre. I showed up every single day, on time, and even stayed later if needed. They let go a few people who did their job properly and chose to keep people who took time off constantly. For waste your time. Apply up on the mountain.

Pros

Coworkers were fantastic, decent hours, okay pay

Cons

Poorly managed, no job security

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Unsatisfactory workplace

The managers there were rude and treated people poorly. There was workplace harassment with coworkers and it wasn't handled to their procedures. I would never recommend working at Value Village. I don't even go shopping there anymore either.
Same role

Don't work here lol

The managers are incredibly rude to both staff and customers, and racially profile potential shoplifters. They do not pay well enough for the physical and mental toll that the job takes.
Same location

Terrible Company

I had such a bad experience working here. The environment is stressful and all your coworkers make you feel bad about being stressed and will be rude to each other instead of helping each other out. Managers would toy with my anxiety and single me out for no reason. At one point while closing, a manager told other workers not to help and get their things while I was stuck doing a very long task by myself the entire time. Eventually telling me stop because it wasn’t going to get done without help, and I clocked out. I had such a bad panic attack that night. Only a few coworkers we’re actually nice and hated it there just as much. I think I only had one nice manager my entire time being there. Very stressful, unwelcoming, and unkind work environment.

Pros

None, don’t work here.

Cons

Everything, management, co workers, environment.

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Great coworkers, not so great management.