Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Good high school part time gig - full timers stay away.

Working at Value Village ain’t bad at all if you’re up front and you have a good working relationship between yourself and supervisors who are there to help whenever needed. CDC is a nightmare that continues to get worse. The CDC work is undervalued, underpaid, and the supervisors and store managers that are active in the back of the store prance around and nitpick at things as you’re trying to do your job. The work is difficult, and frankily, for minimum wage pay - its not worth it at all. If you’re at the front things are hunky dory but if you’re thinking about applying, make sure the square meters between you and the cdc department are in the hundreds.

Pros

Front end management is excellent, Front end work not difficult and the team members are quite nice.

Cons

CDC is a hellish nightmare

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

waste of 4 years

I was here for a few years. Lots and lots of favoritism throughout the entire store. If you work hard you get dumped on. I was spoken to unprofessionally by managers many times throughout my job at Value Village. Including when I quit. In fact I was laughed at. There are no boundaries. I do not recommend working here.

Pros

coworkers are lovely, employee discount

Cons

treated unfairly, behind-back talking, short hours
Same role

Very well organized .great managment

My experience working there was very satisfactory .the managment there were great to there employees .it was very organised and I would work there again .I moved to another province so I had to give up my job
Same location

productive and helpful

I worked at this place for about 2 years. It was a very good experience. Very helpful managers. Good second hand store especially for low income people.

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Good high school part time gig - full timers stay away.