Value Village logo
Happiness score is 51 out of 100Below average
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

A fast paced working place, you get to work steady for work done but sometimes there’s not enough time depending the section of the store your in but good productivity all in all a great place to work. The store felt none judgmental and easy to fit in.

Pros

hours, togetherness, steady, engaging, busy

Cons

Seeing bad work and stuff thrown out so much.

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

great people who customers love

overall good place to work, in my opinion the pay is low for how much physical labour and exertion is required. However I would most. definitely recommend value village for somebody looking to get. into the work force or find a great group of co workers

Pros

supervisors and managment is verythoughtful and understanding

Cons

physically demanding and difficult for the pay
Same role

Its okay

Dealt with a bit of drama, since i was only there 2 days a week I didn't expect to be dealing with that, overall a pretty lax place, I recommend it if you have no better options.

Pros

50% off store products after 2 days, though I never used it, super flexible with work hours

Cons

Drama, a bit too relaxed
Same location

The worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for

This is legitimately the worst company I have yet to work for. Management is extremely disrespectful and condescending to team members, they overwork and underpay workers for their expectations, they treat workers like machines rather than people, and despite having an open door policy they refuse to listen to anyone who isn't a member of management and always end up excusing them of any reports or complaints, where as team members would be fired on the spot without a second to defend themselves or explain the situation. Management tries to hold production members accountable for their own jobs, and insinuates wrongful terminations if you speak out about their tyranny and unrealistic expectations. If I could give this company negative stars I would've. This job does nothing but damage it's workers physical and mental health, they have alright benefits, but that's just about the only thing going for them, as even to utilize your discount or to even purchase any items they must be on the sales floor for 48 hours. They also refuse to listen to your work availability and force you to work shifts even if you've communicated your situations to them.

Pros

okay benefits, 50% discount on soft goods, 30% discount on housewares

Cons

disrespectful management, little pay, overworks, unfair treatment, unsafe work conditions and work environment

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Good cause to work for the company, it was a good service for the community to provide seconds hand clothing and I liked the work ethic of Workers.