Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Fun workplace. Management needs work

production management won't praise you for a good job just writes you up for tiny mistakes. Has favorite employees who get away with anything. Belittles you if you're still learning. Production supervisors are the only saving grace

Pros

Supportive supervisors. And half price clothing

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

High turnover, raises are minimal.

Worked there for over a year. Work was fast paced and difficult, management always expected more from us. Raises were yearly, up to 3% generally, but you rarely maxed out. When minimum wage would go up, you'd be back to making about the same as the new hires.

Pros

Discounts?

Cons

management was hard to satisfy.
Same role

Sweat shop

I worked at value village for two weeks and I had to quit immediately. I worked as a production associate where I sorted through thousands of donations. It’s a literal sweat shop. Management gives you unrealistic goals and quotas and we work ourselves to the bone and barely get any positive feedback. The job will literally kill you.

Pros

Consistent schedule, have weekends off, nice co workers

Cons

Management, toxic environment, underpaid
Same location

Was ok

Location was awesome .. bus and walking .. however workin production sucked .. mean people and favortism on so many levels .. l was trained by another person from edmonton n what l was later told is l was doin everything wrong .. they expect u to do more than u can in a day n then give u shot cuz THEY sent production home early n after u ask to stay so u can finish .. they give u heck cuz u didnt finish processing ..

Pros

Close location hours

Cons

Mean supervisors .. ALOT of favoritism .. over worked under appreciated

2.9Job security/advancement