Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Fun working there

loved working with all types of customers, Supervisors are great to work with. I picked up the new cash registers fast. People I worked with are great.

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Run as fast as you can away from Value Village!!!!!!!!!

If you want an environment full of toxic people who treat you like garbage this is the job for you! Why?...- Overworking staff- Drama like you're in middle school- made me clean toilets without any PPE even tho I asked several times.- manipulative management- They don't take employee concerns seriously- many times they either don't give you your break or delay it longer than they schedule you for- treat younger staff with disrespect

Pros

50% off used clothing

Cons

Everything else
Same role

Great team members horrible management

The manager doesn’t know how to schedule properly. There is a lot of favouritism at this company. So the manager will give weekends off to her favourite employees. She makes everyone stressed for no reason and if you make her unhappy she will punish you by giving you less hours or no hours at all. She is a disgrace to a great company.

Pros

Great team members

Same location

Terrible Company

I had such a bad experience working here. The environment is stressful and all your coworkers make you feel bad about being stressed and will be rude to each other instead of helping each other out. Managers would toy with my anxiety and single me out for no reason. At one point while closing, a manager told other workers not to help and get their things while I was stuck doing a very long task by myself the entire time. Eventually telling me stop because it wasn’t going to get done without help, and I clocked out. I had such a bad panic attack that night. Only a few coworkers we’re actually nice and hated it there just as much. I think I only had one nice manager my entire time being there. Very stressful, unwelcoming, and unkind work environment.

Pros

None, don’t work here.

Cons

Everything, management, co workers, environment.

2.9Job security/advancement