Value Village
Savers/Value Village
Value Village Employee Review

Fun work place

1 April 2021
I started working here since 2017, I have no problem to my co-workers and supervisor, they’re sooooo nice and helpful. But the store manager is really strict when it comes to work well i understand him but the thing is he make his own rules in the store that’s why it’s more confusing. He always check camera’s in the office so he can see a lot of team member who’s truly responsible. The only thing I don’t want with him is the way he talked behind’s back, he doesn’t direct you the problem. Been working here almost 3 years but I haven’t receive salary up ... I mean it’s only increasing cents .. also if you don’t have patient to other this is not for youu..
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Long hours, fun workplace
Cons
No salary increase, rude customers, too many rules for employees
21 April 2021
Same role
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Terrible management. Zero respect, yet they don’t like it when you defend yourself or others. Harassment at its finest even if you email HR, they won’t get back to you. 9/10 staff members are more like family They do not care if customers treat you poorly
Pros
Discounts and frequent customers
Cons
Management refuse to be retrained
8 January 2021
Same role
Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Stoney Creek, ON
I had such a bad experience working here. The environment is stressful and all your coworkers make you feel bad about being stressed and will be rude to each other instead of helping each other out. Managers would toy with my anxiety and single me out for no reason. At one point while closing, a manager told other workers not to help and get their things while I was stuck doing a very long task by myself the entire time. Eventually telling me stop because it wasn’t going to get done without help, and I clocked out. I had such a bad panic attack that night. Only a few coworkers we’re actually nice and hated it there just as much. I think I only had one nice manager my entire time being there. Very stressful, unwelcoming, and unkind work environment.
Pros
None, don’t work here.
Cons
Everything, management, co workers, environment.
18 February 2021
Same location
Community Donation Center Ambassador (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
Easy work all across the board. Excellent work hours. Good supervisors and mod's. There is no Hassel. You have to be strong to work. Very good schedule.
Pros
Some times free lunch
Cons
Not very clean.