Value Village logo
Happiness score is 51 out of 100Below average
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Fun place to work with a lot of benefits.

Supervisors and team members are really friendly, when I first work there. You also get 50% employee discount on clothes, can also get a benefits on medical and dental after 3 months, which is really great.

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Stressful and demanding place

Value was a good experience since we had to deal with a lot, but Id see team members including me run back and fourth getting injured and feeling exhausted just to be treated like we were nothing by the customers. Most team members and female manager/supervisor had to deal with a lot of terrible customers while the male manager/CEO didn't face much. being payed minimum wage for 8 hours a day after we run everywhere, deal with everything during a really busy day while understaffed wasn't fun. The management have to start listening to us since sometimes people who work there dont due their jobs.

Pros

Good co workers, good experience

Cons

Customers, management, safety and health of the team members, stressful
Same role

Hard work.

A typical day at work is hard.A lot of work you need to do in short time, and lack of employees.The supervisor is always in bad mood.High employee turnover.
Same location

Awesome place to work.

I had such a learning experience. Manager at Penticton Value Village is so fair and works right with the staff. Learned a lot about how Value Village gives back to communities.

Pros

Learning how the donations work.

Cons

LP rules

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Fun place to work with a lot of benefits.