Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

fun, low expectations

good people to work with, salaries are not high not even in management. the work culture is fun and employees tend to be close. hardest part of the job is the customers

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Great people to work with, nice managers but not responsive

The managers are very nice and I love my coworkers (easily the best part of working here). The work is easy enough but never-ending and very repetitive on the sales floor. The corporation itself doesn't trust the employees to make decisions so at a cash you will have to call managers to sign off on most decisions (exchanges, price checks, etc.) Unfortunately, the managers don't always take into account that a lot of the employees are still in school so younger employees can feel very over-whelmed with school/work balance. But I would say it is a good entry-level job and chill.

Pros

50% discount on most of the store, great people

Cons

Repetitive, don't take outside-of-work lives of employees
Same role

Physically demanding without appropriate rotation of duties

High turnover of staff due to working conditions. Poor management. Half the floor staff works hard, half doesn't work at all. You are expected to move thousands of items per week. This is an extremely demanding job physically. Staff is generally frustrated and burnt out. You will be subjected to abusive patrons who come in frequently to steal as much as they can and you are not able to address this appropriately due to store rules.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

You will need the medical benefits to have regular visits for pain caused by overexertion.
Same location

Absolutely the worst job I've ever had

If I could give less than one star for management and the actual job, I would. Just like the other comments management doesn't care about you as a person, they care about their numbers and money. For example: I had a drs note to take time (1week) off due to an illness; once the week was up I got a call and was advised that it would be smart to come back to work. Basically telling me that if I didnt come back that my job might not be safe... Also, If you ever work here be prepared to get written up for the stupidest things. I posted a post on my personal private Facebook account; 2 hrs after posting I get paged up to the office. Turns out a coworker showed my boss the post and I got written up for "talking ill about the company". My Facebook never stated where I worked, and I didn't tag the company. It was just an absolute stupid reason to get written up. The only thing I enjoyed about working here was my coworkers and working during October because that's the only time you get to have fun since we used to be able to dress up everyday. If you want to work here, I recommend asking to work in CDC or as a Cashier. Do not work in Production under any circumstances. THIS COMPANY IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST THAT I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!!

Pros

Discount and coworkers.

Cons

Management, poor salary, poor working conditions

2.9Job security/advancement