Value Village logo
Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Fun and laid back place to work

My savers experience was delightful. I have made many friends, some that I am still friends with even now that I haven't been employed with Savers. The management was very well organized and most of the management were understanding when you needed to talk. However, it was hard work, the hours were long and the pay cheque's were not that rewarding for the amount of hard work done.

Pros

A lot of free lunches

Cons

Strict rules

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

By far my least favorite place to work

I cant describe a typical day because mine were never the same day to day. I received minimal training. They only trained me on the floor for 1 4 hour shift. No training at all on how to deal with customers. There was a major lack of communication supervisor to supervisor and supervisor to employee. Countless times i missed a break because i was not informed (front of house does not have set break times). I was unable to plan anything more than a few days in advance because our weekly schedules came out the day before the 'week' started. 90% of the time i only had 2 shifts a week (that's 2 4 hour shifts). They had a policy where an employee could not close the store and open it the next day, I had to do that on more than one occasion. In the fitting rooms it was expected to be clean and tidy. i agree with that, But there is only 1 employee and 50 customers waiting in line, and only 5 rooms. Customers are expecting fast service and don't enjoy being told that you have to clean 3 changing rooms before they can get in one. The managers were informed that I moved and public transport started at a certain time and i was scheduled to start before i could have gotten there. They say they care but they really don't. They say they will do everything they can to make it easier to work for them but they don't. I ended up getting sick after Christmas and missed 1 day more than the allowed 10 days sick. I was fired (Since I left I have been told that they had to hire 3 people to do the work that I was doing on my own.) Bottom line is.....Value Village does not care about its employees. -
Same location

First job, training wheels for patience.

Honestly when I started at value village, I throught i struck gold with my first job, working at a thrift store i loved shopping at. My thoughts we're quickly dashed. All they cared about is Numbers, numbers, numbers and dont give a lick about you. You are treated like the stuff you sort on the table TRASH. Policies change DAILY, so if something was ok one day thatcsame thing could get you fired the next. I had safety concerns when i worked there and when i told them it was swept under the rug. Driving a forklift in a PACKED warehouse, stuff falling over, no dumpster space, trucks not showing up and people yelling at you from production for stuff constantly. I dunno maybe a cashier would be better, but avoid the "Recycler" position unless you want to have a nervous meltdown. Front store staff and alot of production staff are absolute sweethearts EXCEPT for the supervisors. They love to micro manage. AVOID THIS PLACE!
Same location

bad management, stressful, and underpaid

So overwhelming for just minimum wage! Management is constantly staring at you well you work. Worst job i ever had!...................................

Pros

Morning shifts

Cons

Under paid and bad management

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Fun and laid back place to work