Value Village
Savers/Value Village
Value Village Employee Review

Friendly environment

17 January 2021
Work load is hard for little payfriendly coworkers, like familylearned a lot about merchandisingmost enjoyable part is working with good peoplemanagement can use some work
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
quarterly bonuses
Cons
pay
16 June 2021
Same role
Production Worker (Former Employee) - Kelowna, BC
Worked there for over a year. Work was fast paced and difficult, management always expected more from us. Raises were yearly, up to 3% generally, but you rarely maxed out. When minimum wage would go up, you'd be back to making about the same as the new hires.
Pros
Discounts?
Cons
management was hard to satisfy.
14 June 2021
Same role
Production Worker (Former Employee) - Barrhaven, ON
I worked at value village for two weeks and I had to quit immediately. I worked as a production associate where I sorted through thousands of donations. It’s a literal sweat shop. Management gives you unrealistic goals and quotas and we work ourselves to the bone and barely get any positive feedback. The job will literally kill you.
Pros
Consistent schedule, have weekends off, nice co workers
Cons
Management, toxic environment, underpaid
1 April 2021
Same location
Sales Associate (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
I started working here since 2017, I have no problem to my co-workers and supervisor, they’re sooooo nice and helpful. But the store manager is really strict when it comes to work well i understand him but the thing is he make his own rules in the store that’s why it’s more confusing. He always check camera’s in the office so he can see a lot of team member who’s truly responsible. The only thing I don’t want with him is the way he talked behind’s back, he doesn’t direct you the problem. Been working here almost 3 years but I haven’t receive salary up ... I mean it’s only increasing cents .. also if you don’t have patient to other this is not for youu..
Pros
Long hours, fun workplace
Cons
No salary increase, rude customers, too many rules for employees