Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Friendly atmosphere

Demanding physical job but staff is friendly and supportive. Need to be able to stand for most of the time with 2 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break when working in the production area.

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Very fast paced and productive

I liked working there but I definitely don’t think workers are getting paid nearly enough for the amount of time and energy we put into work. Hard job

Pros

Schedule flexibility

Same role

Best to avoid working here

If you work in the back it's dirty, back breaking work. It will do a number on your body. You are always sick due to tge disgusting things that come in donation bags. Management is terrible and has little to no control over the staff. I was injured on the job due to management cutting saftey corners and the company treated me terribly while I tried to heal from the injury they caused.

Cons

Dirty, poor management, bad environment
Same location

Do not waste your time working here, the only good thing about this place is the employee discount.

At Value Village, the management will treat you as less-than-human and will overwork you because they’re too lazy to do anything other than critique minimum-wage workers and lock themselves up in the office away from customers insulting workers. They will be frustrated when you ask them to do their job and will take their time before helping you and any customers. Many managers and supervisors act as if they’re in a clique and are unapproachable. They do not care if you were supposed to go for lunch 30 mins to an hour ago and will ask you to wait another 15 minutes so they can go on their break.They’re horrible at communicating with and will constantly avoid making any changes in the schedule to help employees. Even emailing them daily about time-off needed for personal reasons such as doctors appointments or mandatory events months in advance can’t assure that your requests will be met (many coworkers have told me that they weren’t able to take shifts off after the deaths of loved ones). I had a surgery and told them 2 months in advance telling them the date and the time off needed for recovery and I was schedule 2 days after my surgery. Managers will constantly complain about workers making requests for well-deserved time off.Managers will complain about the messy state of the sales floor but will do nothing to help out and will constantly complain about being understaffed but won’t hire anyone new even if there are people coming in weekly to see if they’re hiring. They will assign you to a section of a store to clean by yourself, and will constantly have you working as -

Pros

employee discount (50% off clothing, 30% off everything else), sometimes you're lucky and coworkers are nice and you become friends easily

Cons

horrible management, disrespect from managers and customers, over-worked for minimum wage, either give you too much hours or not enough

2.9Job security/advancement