Value Village
Savers/Value Village
Happiness score is 50 out of 100
Value Village Employee Review

First job, training wheels for patience.

14 April 2020
Honestly when I started at value village, I throught i struck gold with my first job, working at a thrift store i loved shopping at. My thoughts we're quickly dashed. All they cared about is Numbers, numbers, numbers and dont give a lick about you. You are treated like the stuff you sort on the table TRASH. Policies change DAILY, so if something was ok one day thatcsame thing could get you fired the next. I had safety concerns when i worked there and when i told them it was swept under the rug. Driving a forklift in a PACKED warehouse, stuff falling over, no dumpster space, trucks not showing up and people yelling at you from production for stuff constantly. I dunno maybe a cashier would be better, but avoid the "Recycler" position unless you want to have a nervous meltdown. Front store staff and alot of production staff are absolute sweethearts EXCEPT for the supervisors. They love to micro manage. AVOID THIS PLACE!
2.0Job security/advancement
4 January 2021
Same role
Recycler (Former Employee) - Barrie, ON
Hated working here was in and out of the office because few people didn't like me. Had to apologize for things not my fault or didn't do. And management was joke so was safety
Pros
Get treated like trash
Cons
To many to list
3 May 2020
Same role
Recycler (Former Employee) - Stoney Creek, ON
Very busy in the back room but it was a fun kind of challenge. There is opportunity to grow within the company if you apply yourself. They are always slightly understaffed so it is difficult to get time off.
9 April 2019
Same location
Production Worker (Former Employee) - Halifax, NS
So overwhelming for just minimum wage! Management is constantly staring at you well you work. Worst job i ever had!...................................
Pros
Morning shifts
Cons
Under paid and bad management
  1. First job, training wheels for patience.