Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Fast Paced- Fun

I quite enjoyed my time at Value Village, as I made some friends, and Iwas on my feet all day, the hours varied, and they would change it up almost every shift so you weren't a main cashier every night, or a cdc every night, my favourite part of value village was being able to interact with customers no matter where i was on shift, i enjoy talking to customers alot, and helping them with costumes, or gift ideas for grandkids, etc, the hardest part of the job was the cdc's but that's because i have no muscle to lift heavy bags, or boxes, but that was my favourite place to be stationed.

Pros

on my feet

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Horrible unfriendly and biased staff

I worked at VV in Peterborough for over two years, and there was not a time which I enjoyed it. The environment eerily mirrored tv high school- with cliques and favorites for every manager. Value Village offers yearly raises, but that's about the only benefit to working there.

Pros

Yearly raises

Cons

Everything else about the job
Same role

Do not waste your time working here, the only good thing about this place is the employee discount.

At Value Village, the management will treat you as less-than-human and will overwork you because they’re too lazy to do anything other than critique minimum-wage workers and lock themselves up in the office away from customers insulting workers. They will be frustrated when you ask them to do their job and will take their time before helping you and any customers. Many managers and supervisors act as if they’re in a clique and are unapproachable. They do not care if you were supposed to go for lunch 30 mins to an hour ago and will ask you to wait another 15 minutes so they can go on their break.They’re horrible at communicating with and will constantly avoid making any changes in the schedule to help employees. Even emailing them daily about time-off needed for personal reasons such as doctors appointments or mandatory events months in advance can’t assure that your requests will be met (many coworkers have told me that they weren’t able to take shifts off after the deaths of loved ones). I had a surgery and told them 2 months in advance telling them the date and the time off needed for recovery and I was schedule 2 days after my surgery. Managers will constantly complain about workers making requests for well-deserved time off.Managers will complain about the messy state of the sales floor but will do nothing to help out and will constantly complain about being understaffed but won’t hire anyone new even if there are people coming in weekly to see if they’re hiring. They will assign you to a section of a store to clean by yourself, and will constantly have you working as -

Pros

employee discount (50% off clothing, 30% off everything else), sometimes you're lucky and coworkers are nice and you become friends easily

Cons

horrible management, disrespect from managers and customers, over-worked for minimum wage, either give you too much hours or not enough
Same location

What a joke.

Hated working here was in and out of the office because few people didn't like me. Had to apologize for things not my fault or didn't do. And management was joke so was safety

Pros

Get treated like trash

Cons

To many to list

2.9Job security/advancement