Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

fast paced and productive workplace. Always room for opportunity.

In a typical day, there is always review with the SM, as to what is needed to be done for that day, along with upcoming deadlines. there is planning and focus needed to organize the day, around break coverage, or meetings scheduled. then the execution of the daily plans. Through the ISM, our weekly sales plan, there needs to be planning and thought put into it. Any product that is on sale, that is not placed in the proper setting throughout the store can negatively affect your sales goals. there is always opportunity for movement of product through the store. Being in the " Hard lines" part of the store, organization is a must. Signage must be checked or changed daily, for weekly sales, or daily deals. Motivating the team to stay focused and lending help when needed is always a must. the team we have in the store makes for a positive atmosphere. We always have fun, and try to keep it more of a family as a work place. we like everyone to feel comfortable coming to work.

Pros

more like a family

Cons

Store closing

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Great team, terrible managers.

Worst micro-managing I've experienced in my career. Salary is so low for what you are expected to do. No one they are basically handing out management roles. If you could I would recommend staying away from the Great lakes district. The district manager is either distant, or constantly in your face. Quite evident she was handed the position out of lack therefore or candidates.

Pros

The team

Cons

Long hours, managers can make or break your experince. Low pay.
Same role

Fun, Creative, Stressful

Overall was a fun place to work. Loved being there for Halloween because you got to dress up in costumes basically the whole month. Lots of busy days and lots of downtime to. best part was how fast days went when busy. Loved sale days. Worst part is how many shoplifters come in daily.
Same location

Pass on working here

Favouritism is abundant. The only way to move up is to be favoured by management and not through hard work. Poor morale and gossip initiated by management. Any suggestions are shot down

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • fast paced and productive workplace. Always room for opportunity.