Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Fantasitc place to work!

I loved working at the Spruce Grove location. The store fostered youth as they were starting out in the work place, and the more seasoned staff worked very nicely together. I was able to move up the ladder quite quickly and loved going to work everyday. I worked with young staff to help them construct a strong foundation to build on as they grew and flourished in the workforce, and am happy to still be in contact with many of them to this day. Every job has some negatives so I am not saying everything is sunshine and rainbows....but of all the retailers I have worked at over the course of 20 years VV is definitely a progressive work environment that wants their staff to succeed. I would highly recommend this particular store to anyone looking for employment - A

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Toxic environment

Team members were friendly,co-workers were great but the store manager was incompetent and a bully . He made it a very toxic environment. There was also a lack of communication, so Myself and the other supervisors were contently having to put out situational fires. Management never had our backs me or the other supervisors if any problems Came up. Not a nice place to work at.

Pros

Great team members & co workers

Cons

Store manager
Same role

Busy, Occasionally high-stress, Inconsistent workload

Fast paced work environment, highly dependent on teamwork. The mission of the recycling and charity aspects are a positive aspect but the compensation for certain roles within the company is not commiserate with the level of work.
Same location

Fun environment

Manager was great but they’re was definitely favourite and seniority between certain supervisors and staff members. Always cut shifts early so even if you are full time you aren’t making full time hours. Good discount. A lot of back talking between staff members and a lot of drama.

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Fantasitc place to work!