Value Village logo
Happiness score is 51 out of 100Below average
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Experience is really the only thing I received

The work started out okay, but I soon started to feel target by the management. I would do something that was in my task, and when I would take a small breather, I would get berated by a supervisor or manager who would just think that I wasn't doing anything for a while.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Only high hours during the busy holiday seasons

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Great people to work with, nice managers but not responsive

The managers are very nice and I love my coworkers (easily the best part of working here). The work is easy enough but never-ending and very repetitive on the sales floor. The corporation itself doesn't trust the employees to make decisions so at a cash you will have to call managers to sign off on most decisions (exchanges, price checks, etc.) Unfortunately, the managers don't always take into account that a lot of the employees are still in school so younger employees can feel very over-whelmed with school/work balance. But I would say it is a good entry-level job and chill.

Pros

50% discount on most of the store, great people

Cons

Repetitive, don't take outside-of-work lives of employees
Same role

Physically demanding without appropriate rotation of duties

High turnover of staff due to working conditions. Poor management. Half the floor staff works hard, half doesn't work at all. You are expected to move thousands of items per week. This is an extremely demanding job physically. Staff is generally frustrated and burnt out. You will be subjected to abusive patrons who come in frequently to steal as much as they can and you are not able to address this appropriately due to store rules.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

You will need the medical benefits to have regular visits for pain caused by overexertion.
Same location

Management is unprofessional

Just don’t do it! Dishonest and sneaky management. A handful of good people who work hard. The others ruin it for the good people. Very demoralizing for those of us with a strong work ethic. The amount of waste is awful. They do not give back to the community they only cate about making a profit.

Pros

A few good folks

Cons

All the lies

2.9Job security/advancement