Value Village logo
Happiness score is 51 out of 100Below average
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Entire store is run well but has some problems in it.

Typical day -Accepting donation's and helping customers. - I Learned little to nothing at the job but the procedures. - Management was constantly in a mess when I was employed there, they kept messing up the schedules & - My co-workers were friendly and helpful the entire time I was there - Hardest part of my job was dealing with management. - I enjoyed the stacking of the donations and greeting, talking with the customers who donated.

Pros

Bonus on check, free lucnhes sometimes, 30/50% off in store items.

Cons

Messy Management, Can't purchase anything on a sale day.

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Do not apply!!!

Terrible management. Zero respect, yet they don’t like it when you defend yourself or others. Harassment at its finest even if you email HR, they won’t get back to you. 9/10 staff members are more like family They do not care if customers treat you poorly

Pros

Discounts and frequent customers

Cons

Management refuse to be retrained
Same role

Fun work place

I started working here since 2017, I have no problem to my co-workers and supervisor, they’re sooooo nice and helpful. But the store manager is really strict when it comes to work well i understand him but the thing is he make his own rules in the store that’s why it’s more confusing. He always check camera’s in the office so he can see a lot of team member who’s truly responsible. The only thing I don’t want with him is the way he talked behind’s back, he doesn’t direct you the problem. Been working here almost 3 years but I haven’t receive salary up ... I mean it’s only increasing cents .. also if you don’t have patient to other this is not for youu..

Pros

Long hours, fun workplace

Cons

No salary increase, rude customers, too many rules for employees
Same location

Awesome place to work.

I had such a learning experience. Manager at Penticton Value Village is so fair and works right with the staff. Learned a lot about how Value Village gives back to communities.

Pros

Learning how the donations work.

Cons

LP rules

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Entire store is run well but has some problems in it.