Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Dont work there unles your desperate for a job

Lots of disgusting donations. I.e. clothing donations that were moldy,heavy smokers clothes, covered in large amouns of pet fur or grass, urine smell (sometimes still wet) either from cats or humans. Had bed bugs in donations once. Nasty old shoes. Nasty yellow sweat stained clothes. Bad manegment. Most coworkers were terrible to work with. A number of "customers" went for the 100% discount. Having to work outside a lot during winter as a recycler at a certain store because of no loading dock.

Pros

A few good customers. They had ok benefits.

Cons

A lot of bad customers. Most of the review = cons. Minimum wage.

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Fun Coworkers and supervisors, terrible management

My coworkers are all very friendly and inviting, the management on the other hand is very poorly run. It’s all about the money I found and they do not seem to care for you or your life outside of work. I was hired as part time and was forced to work full time even when I asked to go back to part time.

Pros

Nice Coworkers

Cons

Bad management
Same role

I do not want to continue here. I am currently looking for another job!

I would NOT recommend working here!!!!!Management is bad.They pit employees against one another.You are not listened to.There is favortism galore!!!!!
Same location

Horrible place to work - you will hate your life

Value Village on Ottawa Street is a horrible place to work. Management does not care about the well-being or safety of their employees. Staff are overworked for minimum wage. The store manager only cares about money. She consistently blamed young woman for comments male customers would make towards them when they uncomfortable. Nor did she care about the safety of her staff during a pandemic.Overall, stay away.

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Dont work there unles your desperate for a job