Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Don't work here

the location i worked at is a mess and as far as I know, its still a mess. The managers would use bullying tactics as a way of getting the employees to push club cards on customers, and if you didn't get enough people to sign up, they would threaten you with a write up and potential termination. They hired whomever would basically show up to the interview and 9 times out of 10 those people would either quit very shortly after or it would be someone who doesn't do anything at the place but would somehow never get fired for being lazy or not completing work tasks. Often times when you're on call (especially in afternoons or planned sales events) you'd be called in and a lot of the time you were un-needed to work but you'd probably be there for the rest of the shift and they'd send someone else home. Or if you're on call sometimes they'd tell you not to worry about coming in but if there isn't someone else that can come in if there are any issues they'll call you last minute (when you ironically make plans) and beg you to come in.

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

fast paced but nice to work there

merchandise bed and bath. helping with merchandising of store most of the time, Set up the bagged area . Staff were good to work with .Cashier duties and customer service. enjoyed working with customers.

Pros

good work place and had free lunches once a month

Cons

sometimes very cold when working in the back room
Same role

Horrible place to work - you will hate your life

Value Village on Ottawa Street is a horrible place to work. Management does not care about the well-being or safety of their employees. Staff are overworked for minimum wage. The store manager only cares about money. She consistently blamed young woman for comments male customers would make towards them when they uncomfortable. Nor did she care about the safety of her staff during a pandemic.Overall, stay away.
Same location

Terrible Company

I had such a bad experience working here. The environment is stressful and all your coworkers make you feel bad about being stressed and will be rude to each other instead of helping each other out. Managers would toy with my anxiety and single me out for no reason. At one point while closing, a manager told other workers not to help and get their things while I was stuck doing a very long task by myself the entire time. Eventually telling me stop because it wasn’t going to get done without help, and I clocked out. I had such a bad panic attack that night. Only a few coworkers we’re actually nice and hated it there just as much. I think I only had one nice manager my entire time being there. Very stressful, unwelcoming, and unkind work environment.

Pros

None, don’t work here.

Cons

Everything, management, co workers, environment.

2.9Job security/advancement