Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Decent work

This was my first job. I cannot complain about anything. The training was quick yet effective so i quickly got to work confident that i knew what i was doing. Management was well organized and they always ensured to meet my needs as much as they could. Overall, great first job.

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

great people who customers love

overall good place to work, in my opinion the pay is low for how much physical labour and exertion is required. However I would most. definitely recommend value village for somebody looking to get. into the work force or find a great group of co workers

Pros

supervisors and managment is verythoughtful and understanding

Cons

physically demanding and difficult for the pay
Same role

Its okay

Dealt with a bit of drama, since i was only there 2 days a week I didn't expect to be dealing with that, overall a pretty lax place, I recommend it if you have no better options.

Pros

50% off store products after 2 days, though I never used it, super flexible with work hours

Cons

Drama, a bit too relaxed
Same location

Terrible Management

When I worked at Value Village I worked within the Production Assembly Line in the backroom. We were expected to make certain quota within certain time-frames that were impossible to make. We would have to lift donation bags that ranged anywhere from a couple pounds to 100+ pounds onto a sorting table. While sorting you have to stick your hands into bags filled with unrecognizable odours, garbage, etc and sometimes even needles and other dangerous objects - although you wore gloves this was still a hazardous job to complete. You had to send certain products down the line and so many numbers of items to hit quota but when you received moldy bags the management wouldn't let that stop you from sending items down the line nor would they understand why you aren't hitting quota - they would make you sort more and longer just to reach numbers - you never knew when you were going to be able to go home.

Pros

Breaks, Friendly Co-workers, Music Playing

Cons

Long hours, Poor Management, Unacceptable Expectations, No Advancement

2.9Job security/advancement