Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Boring, repetitive

this job is very repetitive I worked here for over a year and I got tired there pay raise is horrible and I had to literally wait until minimum wage to get pay raise and it still isn't enough. they aren't happy to switch and change or fix your days for you. very annoying, don't apply here.

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Wasn't ideal to say the least

Management was awful. No communication between different compartments. Some managers were quite rude.They really strive for you to be doing something the entire time you're on duty, even if there is nothing to do. It was really fun walking around a huge store for hours at a time picking clothes off the ground occasionally.

Pros

50% discount at store

Cons

Poor managment
Same role

Horrible unfriendly and biased staff

I worked at VV in Peterborough for over two years, and there was not a time which I enjoyed it. The environment eerily mirrored tv high school- with cliques and favorites for every manager. Value Village offers yearly raises, but that's about the only benefit to working there.

Pros

Yearly raises

Cons

Everything else about the job
Same location

Flexible work-life balance and a great management team

A day would start at the cash register, need to count the till to make sure the correct amount of cash is present. I learned how to work in a team and how to deal with angered customers in a polite and professional manner. The management is the best one I have ever worked for. They are always there to support every employee and treat everyone with equal respect.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Filthy work environment

2.9Job security/advancement