Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Average work environment

Receiving onsite donations,maintaining organization and cleanliness of sales floor. Providing customer service, specifically in furniture department.

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

great people who customers love

overall good place to work, in my opinion the pay is low for how much physical labour and exertion is required. However I would most. definitely recommend value village for somebody looking to get. into the work force or find a great group of co workers

Pros

supervisors and managment is verythoughtful and understanding

Cons

physically demanding and difficult for the pay
Same role

Its okay

Dealt with a bit of drama, since i was only there 2 days a week I didn't expect to be dealing with that, overall a pretty lax place, I recommend it if you have no better options.

Pros

50% off store products after 2 days, though I never used it, super flexible with work hours

Cons

Drama, a bit too relaxed
Same location

Management exploits employees and is concerned only of profit.

The worst employer I have ever come across. Management expects employees to work at a pace that even they can't keep up with. Washroom breaks outside of coffee or lunch breaks are frowned upon as they consider these breaks as time lost for the company. When an employee needs to take a day off from work it can be difficult to stay home. Manager does not like absences no matter the reason. Merchandise is over-priced and hardly any benefits for employees.

2.9Job security/advancement