Value Village logo
Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Absolutely the worst job I've ever had

If I could give less than one star for management and the actual job, I would. Just like the other comments management doesn't care about you as a person, they care about their numbers and money. For example: I had a drs note to take time (1week) off due to an illness; once the week was up I got a call and was advised that it would be smart to come back to work. Basically telling me that if I didnt come back that my job might not be safe... Also, If you ever work here be prepared to get written up for the stupidest things. I posted a post on my personal private Facebook account; 2 hrs after posting I get paged up to the office. Turns out a coworker showed my boss the post and I got written up for "talking ill about the company". My Facebook never stated where I worked, and I didn't tag the company. It was just an absolute stupid reason to get written up. The only thing I enjoyed about working here was my coworkers and working during October because that's the only time you get to have fun since we used to be able to dress up everyday. If you want to work here, I recommend asking to work in CDC or as a Cashier. Do not work in Production under any circumstances. THIS COMPANY IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST THAT I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!!

Pros

Discount and coworkers.

Cons

Management, poor salary, poor working conditions

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

bad place to work was there for a year and got fired for personal reasons

very bad place to work Unless you like to be put under expectations which are impossible because management only cares about quotes which they can’t receive worst

Same role

High turnover, raises are minimal.

Worked there for over a year. Work was fast paced and difficult, management always expected more from us. Raises were yearly, up to 3% generally, but you rarely maxed out. When minimum wage would go up, you'd be back to making about the same as the new hires.

Pros

Discounts?

Cons

management was hard to satisfy.
Same location

Management is useless

Management is awful. They don't care about how you feel. I was hired and only told after I started it was part time. I never applied for part time. I applied for full time. They told me they don't hire full time which is a lie. Would never recommend this company to anyone, ever.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Management, everything.

2.9Job security/advancement