Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

A very good first job

Its busy when they have the big sales. The back you sort threw bags of clothing off of giant 7 foot carts stacked with bags. Sometimes up to 1,200 pounds and you have a time limit depending on the weight , For instance i did a 1,200 pound cart and got 27 minutes to rip the bags open and sort the clothing and the shoes ,, house wears, jewelry ect. Very fast paced. Shirts need to be hung in 6 seconds everything is on a time. Even the racks they bring out have to have 100 items and you get 15 minutes to sort it and bring it to each section . you sign in your time and the time youre done.

Pros

helping people

Cons

Sometimes donations have quesetionable items

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Its a good experienced for me to work on that kind of field

Like what I've said, it's a good experienced for me and also too much bosses working at Value Village, every bosses they have their own different wants and instructions.
Same role

Coworkers are really the best part

My coworkers were the best, and the benefits were great! Unfortunately, as a cashier I had to perform tasks such as working in the community donation center because they were heavily understaffed for months, as well as working in production for my last few weeks. They claimed I (and other fellow cashiers) had to work in production because cashiers asking for more hours during spring break, so we were sent to work in production. What didn't make sense is that then they purposely understaffed cashiers - making it constantly busy at the tills - to increase productivity, leaving the store a mess the entire day while cashiers who could help had to stay in production...

Pros

Friendly coworkers and great benefits, helping the environment

Cons

Management makes bad decisions, unfair work
Same location

Terrible Company

I had such a bad experience working here. The environment is stressful and all your coworkers make you feel bad about being stressed and will be rude to each other instead of helping each other out. Managers would toy with my anxiety and single me out for no reason. At one point while closing, a manager told other workers not to help and get their things while I was stuck doing a very long task by myself the entire time. Eventually telling me stop because it wasn’t going to get done without help, and I clocked out. I had such a bad panic attack that night. Only a few coworkers we’re actually nice and hated it there just as much. I think I only had one nice manager my entire time being there. Very stressful, unwelcoming, and unkind work environment.

Pros

None, don’t work here.

Cons

Everything, management, co workers, environment.

2.9Job security/advancement