Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

a non dynamic workplace

Very routine and little room is given for innovation. A strict compliance to how it has always been and huge distraction to how it could be made better. Employees well being is not treated as it should neglecting the popular thought that you as made by the talent within your organisation.

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Good high school part time gig - full timers stay away.

Working at Value Village ain’t bad at all if you’re up front and you have a good working relationship between yourself and supervisors who are there to help whenever needed. CDC is a nightmare that continues to get worse. The CDC work is undervalued, underpaid, and the supervisors and store managers that are active in the back of the store prance around and nitpick at things as you’re trying to do your job. The work is difficult, and frankily, for minimum wage pay - its not worth it at all. If you’re at the front things are hunky dory but if you’re thinking about applying, make sure the square meters between you and the cdc department are in the hundreds.

Pros

Front end management is excellent, Front end work not difficult and the team members are quite nice.

Cons

CDC is a hellish nightmare
Same role

waste of 4 years

I was here for a few years. Lots and lots of favoritism throughout the entire store. If you work hard you get dumped on. I was spoken to unprofessionally by managers many times throughout my job at Value Village. Including when I quit. In fact I was laughed at. There are no boundaries. I do not recommend working here.

Pros

coworkers are lovely, employee discount

Cons

treated unfairly, behind-back talking, short hours
Same location

Its a good experienced for me to work on that kind of field

Like what I've said, it's a good experienced for me and also too much bosses working at Value Village, every bosses they have their own different wants and instructions.

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • a non dynamic workplace