Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

a lovely workplace

lovely customer services and happy people. a place filled with fun and great opportunities. lovely and happy team members doing their job always.great

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Its a good experienced for me to work on that kind of field

Like what I've said, it's a good experienced for me and also too much bosses working at Value Village, every bosses they have their own different wants and instructions.
Same role

Coworkers are really the best part

My coworkers were the best, and the benefits were great! Unfortunately, as a cashier I had to perform tasks such as working in the community donation center because they were heavily understaffed for months, as well as working in production for my last few weeks. They claimed I (and other fellow cashiers) had to work in production because cashiers asking for more hours during spring break, so we were sent to work in production. What didn't make sense is that then they purposely understaffed cashiers - making it constantly busy at the tills - to increase productivity, leaving the store a mess the entire day while cashiers who could help had to stay in production...

Pros

Friendly coworkers and great benefits, helping the environment

Cons

Management makes bad decisions, unfair work
Same location

I enjoy working there

It is a great time to work at Value Village, but as expected of all workplaces, there are some down sides as well. As for my job interview, I applied, went for two interviews and was hired in the span of five hours.

2.9Job security/advancement