Savers/Value Village Employee Reviews

Found 502 reviews matching the search See all 2,423 reviews
great company
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON11 September 2019
I am a production worker. i put price tags on clothing. then i sort it my size etc, then roll the rack to the floor and put clothing out. the benefits are amazing.
benefits
Cons
nil
Life in Savers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC22 November 2018
Work here for a couple of months, i meet the sweetest peoples and they are really helpful! Plus the formation was excellent. You stay up all day but you always walking so that's fine!
Management was not respectful of student employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 April 2017
The management at Value Village were not receptive to the fact that employees, especially student employees, had other demands on their time. Employees were expected to live and breathe the company, even when they were part-time and minimum wage. Frequently yearly reviews were put off many months in order to avoid having to give an employee a raise.
Pros
Discount on products
Awesome
Key Holder/Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 April 2017
Awesome company
Great people
Great management
I had the best experience ever working in this company
I miss working here. This company I would recommend to any one
Sales Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2017
I had a lovely experience working with savers, i have nothing bad to say about anybody other then the store manager at the time. other then her this job is ideal for all students.
Pros
pizza parties, quarterly bonus
Cons
Store manager
productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2017
understood what it means to have a team, and that no matter what it takes the work must be done, to be sincere it increased my understanding king environment
I enjoyed to work in a fast paced environment, and helping customers in need.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
The company helps a lot of people, and is currently giving charity on cancer research.

I love the work environment, however, i am only temporary in my position.
Pros
I have the freedom to choose my own schedule, and friendly enviromnent.
Cons
Low salary
different things to see
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 April 2017
You see tons of different things coming out on the floor everyday, and get to work cash, or on the line bringing the clothes out onto the sales floor!
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
working with used clothing.
It was fun working there.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON18 April 2017
I absolutely love the people i worked with. They were like a second family to me. I also enjoyed going to qork everyday the customers were the best part of working there. Not to mention it was very easy to learn.
Pros
Got discounts in everything
Cons
Weren't always garenteed hours
few
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  ancaster14 April 2017
funny team work environment and enjoyable place you ever experience everyone is welcoming and acceptable place a place you can call your second home to work
I enjoyed working with people
Customer Service - Soft Good (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 April 2017
I really enjoyed working with people with different backgrounds, I helped customers, also I worked with great team. I learned a lot at Value Village Store.
Great company ! Current Manger is archaic in management style and does not value his managemet team
Retail Sales Manager .Operations Head (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON, Waterdown On7 April 2017
I have worked for this company for six years and have now been transferred and at my new location for almost a year do to a lateral move withing the company . I have not enjoyed working for my current store manager . His management style of micro managing and old school technique of negative reinforcement creates a highly stressful atmosphere .
Pros
bonus opportunities
Cons
extreme micro managing
Fun and Friendly Emvironment
Cashier/Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 April 2017
Great team environment. Everyone is supportive. Good work/life balance. A few issues with upper management. Fun team building events. Great staff discount.
Pros
Great Discounts
Friendly
Cashier And Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ontario4 April 2017
Value village is a friendly place to work in.
Managers are friendly and understanding.
I love working with them.
It's a workplace that gives you the feeling that you will always have the opportunity to develop and grow.
No Standard Operating Procedure
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 April 2017
While working there, the warehouse production managers were so obtuse. The price that they want us to put were not worthy to on those donated items that we're going to sell.

So may hazardous spots like boxes behind you that could fall and objects on the floor.

(But it was before. I hope that they change)
Cons
very dirty environment
fast paced and productive workplace. Always room for opportunity.
Retail sales manager IT (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON31 March 2017
In a typical day, there is always review with the SM, as to what is needed to be done for that day, along with upcoming deadlines. there is planning and focus needed to organize the day, around break coverage, or meetings scheduled. then the execution of the daily plans. Through the ISM, our weekly sales plan, there needs to be planning and thought put into it. Any product that is on sale, that is not placed in the proper setting throughout the store can negatively affect your sales goals. there is always opportunity for movement of product through the store. Being in the " Hard lines" part of the store, organization is a must. Signage must be checked or changed daily, for weekly sales, or daily deals. Motivating the team to stay focused and lending help when needed is always a must. the team we have in the store makes for a positive atmosphere. We always have fun, and try to keep it more of a family as a work place. we like everyone to feel comfortable coming to work.
Pros
more like a family
Cons
Store closing
Enjoy working with my co-workers and giving the best customer service to our customers.
P/T Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 March 2017
I love working in our store. I get to know a lot of people and most of our customer knows me. I like the management too and how they have flexible hours suited for a student like me. They are approachable and easy to work with.
horrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON28 March 2017
very unprofessional and disorganized. Management are not very helpful and are rude and inconsiderate. worst working experience of my life. They make you feel like your wanted then turn around and dont even tell you that you were let go and not needed.
Pros
50% off clothing
Cons
horrible management
Great Company for Students
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 March 2017
Value Village was very accommodating to my schedule as a student, numerous promotions are possible if you have the drive and display a specific skill set.
Lack Of Training
Halloween Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 March 2017
Management failed to provide adequate training and I found myself grasping at straws and struggling throughout my work experience. Far too much was expected of someone who received barely the basic training.
Pros
Friendly staff made work environment more relaxing
Cons
Lack of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers/Value Village. Our community is ready to answer.