Savers Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 172 reviews matching the search See all 2,114 reviews
Great teamwork environment
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 July 2019
Working at this Value Village I found very pleasurable, staff is friendly and helpful. Management is very approachable and you do feel as though you've been heard when discussing anything with them. Salary is minimum wage to start, they do have good benefits after your initial probationary period. There is plenty of room to advance if that's your desire. Job culture is nice, not too much back stabbing or gossip.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
low wages
excellent
general labour (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 June 2019
Excellent place to work, would highly recommend. Always room for growth with great training. Friendly, helpfull staff. great benefits. one big family.
Fast phased
Production Staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2019
Good schedule, labor intensive, fast phased, reasonable management, should improve team work in all departments, with benefit, and performance recognition.
Pros
benefit
Cons
stress
Dont work there unles your desperate for a job
Production Worker, recycler, floater (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 May 2019
Lots of disgusting donations. I.e. clothing donations that were moldy,heavy smokers clothes, covered in large amouns of pet fur or grass, urine smell (sometimes still wet) either from cats or humans. Had bed bugs in donations once. Nasty old shoes. Nasty yellow sweat stained clothes. Bad manegment. Most coworkers were terrible to work with. A number of "customers" went for the 100% discount. Having to work outside a lot during winter as a recycler at a certain store because of no loading dock.
Pros
A few good customers. They had ok benefits.
Cons
A lot of bad customers. Most of the review = cons. Minimum wage.
Productive workplace
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON23 May 2019
Good experience, friendly coworkers. Overall a good place to learn new skills while being productive. Very hands on. Flexible hours and understanding staff
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Heavy jobs
Avoid at all costs
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 May 2019
Worked here for a year, management was horrible, standing over you, timing you, every action has to take less than 10 secs or you're fired. You're better off anywhere else.
Pros
Good discount on products that have been on the shelves for over a week
fun work place
Production Worker/Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 April 2019
I love to work here because the team member are nice and friendly and management are good also. working here is also challenging especially when you find something nice product and unique items
Pros
free coffee
Cons
cutting hours depends on the business
Discount is good but Management can be better
CASHIER / Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 April 2019
They provide good discount as well as 2 weeks paid vacation and sick days. Management at the store can be better. Typical customer service job, same type of customers. Okay for students.
Good minimum wage work and retail experience
Customer Service Officer/ Retail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 March 2019
When you join Value Village you either get put in production or front end team member, there are various positions available depending on where you would fit in ( Donations, Cashier, Fixing store, as well as production. )

Rate 9/10 just because the team is so friendly to each other and works well together.
Pros
Very friendly team and supervisors are well trained.
Cons
Hard Work occasionally, not very good raises ( 3% yearly ) almost amounts to about what inflation is.
Treated like Robots
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Westbank, BC13 March 2019
- Management only cared about making quota and not about how health.

- Moldy conditions with no proper PPE.

- No room for improvement unless you suck up to the supervisors.
Pros
Co-workers were nice
Cons
Not an amazing work place...
CDC Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 February 2019
At value village you work long flexible hours even when you tell them you can't. Management is bad with no answers to any questions but "figure it out".
Pros
Lots of money on pay day, work associates
Cons
management, terrible hours, no answers?!?
Its a fun place to work.
Production/ Hard Goods (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 January 2019
I worked for Value Village for over ten years and I miss my family. My store closed and i didnt want to transfer to another, instead I settled. I would like to work here again.
Pros
sometimes free lunches.
Cons
overtime
Summed up as a pit
Community Donation Collector (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON8 January 2019
The store was always dirty, management cared little if at all for employees. Customers were always right and it showed in the behavior of the both them and upper management. Was impossible to achieve full time, thus no benefits.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 December 2018
DId not appreciate well for the hard work I had put into this company, even though a lot of work was done on the computer, but the management could use some upgrade.
Pros
Free COffee
Cons
An alright place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 November 2018
I was simply working here because I needed a job, I didn't enjoy the work that I did very much and the hours were not very good either. It didn't seem like I was going anywhere.
Pros
More breaks than other workplaces
Cons
Bad hours
Friendly team members, good working environment
Operations Team Member and Designated Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 November 2018
Typical retail position. Selected operations team members are extremely friendly, often diverse, and delightful to work with for the vast majority of the time.
Pros
Flexible hours, competitive rates, paid vacation
Cons
I don’t know it’s retail
Great co-workers, good job.
Production/Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo and Stratford, ON14 October 2018
If you can handle a fast paced, hourly targets, this is a great place to work.
The work life balance is wonderful.
I enjoyed mt time a Value Village immensely.
I viewed it as a treasure hunt everyday and learned a lot about how to recognize quality items.
Good benefits, base pay but yearly increases based on performance.
One of my favourite jobs ever, but I worked at stores with amazing bosses and co-workers.
Pros
free lunches on sale days, great employee discount, fun people
Cons
mold, dust and other, bad co workers
productive and fun workplace with table tenis
Team Member (Customer Care Provider) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 September 2018
i acquired more patience . the management is super supportive and friendly. the most enjoyable part of the job is when you finish a call with a happy customer.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Free coffee in the break room
OPERATIONS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 September 2018
The supervisors and coworkers are very helpful in answering any questions during training as well as helping with personal struggles that may affect work ethic.

The hardest part of the job was standing for long hours.
The most enjoyable part was how easy it was to learn where things went in the store. (clothing, miscellaneous items, etc.)
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Standing for long hours
Fun and laid back place to work
Cashier / Shelf Stocking (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 September 2018
My savers experience was delightful. I have made many friends, some that I am still friends with even now that I haven't been employed with Savers. The management was very well organized and most of the management were understanding when you needed to talk. However, it was hard work, the hours were long and the pay cheque's were not that rewarding for the amount of hard work done.
Pros
A lot of free lunches
Cons
Strict rules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers. Our community is ready to answer.